Monday, March 7, 2011

Types of Soil and Compost - podcast


Can you tell I'm dying for Spring?
I can't get off this garden topic....

My soil is rocks mixed with rocks, and a little dirt thrown in. Superb for when the earthquake hits, but kind of a bummer to garden in. Lucky for me, the house came with raised beds amended with compost and soil. Now that we've been here for 5 years, the soil is VERY depleted, even though I half-ass amend it every year. This year I need to do a major overhaul, and I found this great podcast about the differences in soil type and how to make compost. (it's a little dry for the first 6ish minutes)

What kind of dirt do you have in your yard?

6 comments:

  1. I am in Florida, so I have sand. Great for drainage but terrible for holding nutrients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by via the Monday Hop to say hello and to follow. Have a great day!
    POSH
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/03/happy-monday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I am your newest follower...Please stop by and say hi and follow me too! :)
    Thanks and have a great day!
    Maureen
    Areyouamom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not much of a gardener but we might try to grow tomatoes this year.

    I'm a new follower from the Making Friends Monday blog hop. If you get a chance please stop by my blog. I'm hosting this week. Thanks! Dena
    www.centsationalsaver.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am visiting from the Tuesday hop, our problem in the yard is too many raised beds to take care of and nurture! So much to do and so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, new follower from MFM. Can't wait to read more of your posts.


    http://myviewfinder.blogspot.com
    http://addsomechaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...