Thursday, February 17, 2011

UTAH HAS A CO-OP!!!!!!!

Not sure how this has gone under my radar, but facebook was kind enough to recommend Utah Co-op as a friend.

Utah CoOp's Website

Like Utah CoOp's Facebook Page

They're open every Thursday, 11-2
Friday, 11-6
Saturday, 11-6

So far, a constant sale seems to be cheese for nearly free ($1-$4), bread for nearly free, CLOTHES for nearly free.

A Co-Op is a community owned grocery store. The employees are volunteers and the objective is to create opportunities for healthy eating for a lower price. Since the food is local, it also supports local growers and businesses. Overhead in a Co-Op is low and consists of rent since the workers volunteer.

Healthy eating is expensive! But critical to maintaining overall health and wellness. A CoOp brings the prices down so it's affordable to eat healthy.

I probably won't make it down there this weekend (DANGIT), but I'd love to know if anyone's been yet. I'm SO excited we finally have a CoOp. My little brother (The Chef) took me to one when he lived in fancy-pants Vermont and it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

For those of you not in Utah, do you have a CoOp where you live?

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I'm your 400th follower--do I win? Seriously though--thanks for stopping by my blog! I love co-ops, though don't know if there is one here--surely there is... Ann Arbor is hippy central--but hubby is not the volunteer type and he is the one with TIME. he is also the shopper and cook... (but we're pretty healthy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. It's Anne from over at creativesouthernhome.blogspot.com. Thanks for following me. Now following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if there's a co-op here or not. There was when I was young, but I should check into it again!

    I'm a new follower of your blog from Thirsty Thursday. Have a great day!

    Mickey
    www.ahelicoptermom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a brand new visitor and follower. I am so glad you are not green because I know what that really stands for and it's not good..just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to the Co-Op and I cannot say enough great things! I hear the lead volunteer gives 70 hours a week and it shows! I filled a cart and spent like $35. With 6 to feed in tough financial times it is a place I tell everybody about!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from the blog hop. Please follow back. http://tupelodeals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Confession... I drive an SUV, too! Whoops! Anyhoo, I'm now a follower. Visit me!

    sageandcocoa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you on the Social Parade blog hop. :)
    Newly following. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. stopping by from the crusade. I live in Utah too. I would love to check out the co-op

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...