Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I take it back...

If you tuned in for yesterday's post about walkability, the concept sounded very cool:

Rate your town's walkability score.

After a few followers commented about their low scores, I started looking at what goes into a walkability score, and stumbled across the highest rated towns in my state: DANGERTOWN USA.

Now, we don't exactly have gangs and ghettos around here, but there are a few places that I wouldn't love to be after dark. Guess which ones have the highest walkability score?? Yep, the not-so-safe-after-dark ones.

WTH walkscore.com??  Fail.

A town should loose a few points for the crime ratio. If I NEED car door locks....that's NOT a plus for walkability.

I made a few comments on the blog portion of their site....and will stay tuned to see when I can suggest this as a REAL option in the future.

Walkable I want:

Walkable I don't:

Thanks for playing along....

2 comments:

  1. neat idea & I would like to walk into the walkable I want picture...now! Following from the FB like you back hop. Looking forward to reading more of your blog. Amy @ mommetime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just wanted you to know that I am visiting via the "Facebook Like you Back" promo. I am a fan of your Facebook page and hope that you will visit mine and "like me back"!!!
    Thank you so much!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Super-Single-Mom-and-Her-Side-Kids/106530212749025

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...