Friday, January 7, 2011

When Search and Rescue Calls

When the Search and Rescue call comes at 1:30 AM, for a fleeting second, I wish we were chess players with no outdoor skills or resources.

But we're not, and so, in the selfless act of service, my husband crawled out of his warm bed, tossed his snowmobile gear in the truck, hooked up the sleds, and raced toward the mountain to search for a lost brother of an in-law.

The missing man didn't return to his cabin last night, and the rest of the party couldn't search for him because he had the keys to the remaining snowmobiles with him. Helicopters were dispatched to search with infrared, and my husband and brother in law are on the teams of snowmobile riders set to begin searching on the ground at first light.

It's 2:30 AM, and 19 degrees out.

Praying for a safe return of all.



UPDATE: The chopper infrared found him at 4am this morning!! yay!

9 comments:

  1. I hope you find him quickly and everybody gets back safely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing this ‘Follow Friday 40′ that I saw over at Java's blog and I am now following you! This is such a cool idea isn’t it?! Love your blog by the way - that is a scary story about your relative being lost. I do hope you find him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad he was found! Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he was found! I just nominated your the Stylish Blogger Award. You can see it at http://racingandsavingmama.com/2011/01/07/thank-you-for-…y-second-award/ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW that's terrible!!Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen. I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I hope all is going well. Have a great weekend. www.colieskitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad they were able to find him. That's really scary!

    Following from Friendly Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a blessing that he was found!
    Thanks for stopping by Friendly Friday. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! what and exciting way of living. Helping lost people and their families to become whole again is a great way of expending one's life. I hope it is rewarding for you and family. Bless you all.
    I came from Socialmom blog following site. Hope you can follow me. :)
    Anna del C. Dye
    Author of "The Silent Warrior Trilogy"
    http://www.annadelc.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. inspiring.....following from socail moms
    http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...