Monday, January 31, 2011

My Neighborhood Failed with a Walkscore of 37

My neighborhood failed.

I've lived here for almost 5 years, and while our neighborhood has experienced a lot of growth within the last few years, I'm very clear it's not walkable. I can walk to the grocery store, a pizza shop, and a Wendy's. That's about it.

I found this great site that will calculate The Walk Score where you live.

Just enter your address and it will show you what is within a reasonable walking distance (as if you didn't already know) and scores you against other neighborhoods.

Fail for mine.

Hope yours does better. (and mine finds a way to score a bit better)

6 comments:

  1. Guernsey scored 28..other pluses though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new follower from Meet Me Monday bloghop. See you.

    Hope you can follow back

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine is an 18. Good thing I have a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. Mine is listed as rather high--67--but I'm wondering how much is based on geographical distance to location and how much on actual walkability. I'm closed to a lot of stuff, but several roads don't have sidewalks and getting to business is tricky (not all intersections even have crosswalks). So yeah, technically I'm "close" to a bunch of stuff, but it's not safe or convenient to actually walk there.

    That was cool to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My city did not score very well either
    I am a new follower from the blog hop.
    I blog at www.tammileetips.com
    I hope you will stop by and visit
    Tammilee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being part of the Monday blog hop! I am now following you. If you would like to follow me back that would be great! http://kingstongirlie.blogspot.com/ I am going to be coming back to check all you great tips and ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...