Monday, November 22, 2010

What Good Are Digital Baby Books?

The monkeys are almost 4 and almost 2.


I have about 6.5 complete pages of a baby book between the two of them.


Printed photos?
About a dozen - because the photographer who did their newborn photos included them in the package.




Photos on our 3 computers?
About a billion.


I'm working on doing a better job of chronicling their lives, but last week I tried something new. I took a journal into the bathroom while they were taking their bath and logged the week's fun.


Which led me to think - what happens to the little bit I've managed to put on a baby blog, or on the harddrive if the power goes out? For a few hours, or even a day - - probably nothing. But what if the power went out for a month - - or longer - - in the event of a major disaster?


I would lose all the moments I'd worked to catalogue.


So I'm going old school - - paper and pen, while they're in the tub...and I'm perched on the toilet - (lid down, of course :)


As for the photos - I'm going to pick my dozen favorites of the month and send them to walgreens via snapfish...I'm there once a month anyway.


What works for you? How do you preserve your memories?




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for join my blog hop.
    I'm following you.
    Nan
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...