Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful Thanksgiving

I started listening to Christmas tunes today. I filled the house with some updates to old favorites, and Neil Diamond singing the classics. Then the blizzard showed up as scheduled and life was groovy.

Then I got in the car to run a few errands.

I hadn't changed the station yet.

Most days I listen to KLOVE: Positive, Encouraging Christian music. I dig it. And it keeps me from getting road rage.

Today was a little different.

The president of World Vision Online talked about what he saw on a recent trip to Africa. An 8 year old boy was now responsible for feeding his family: His mom and 3 sisters. That day, all he found was a nest of rats.

Rats.

With Bubonic plague.

I treat survival like a fun little test. In parts of the world, survival is a way of life. For children. For babies. For mamas.

This thanksgiving, I will get to sit down to a feast. Every day, my hunt for food is less than a block away. My children have never missed a meal.

It's time to pay it forward.

Thanksgiving 4 Africa
KLOVE

May a bountiful feast grace your table this Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. I'm your newest follower!
    I would love a follow back!
    www.imlivingthethriftylife.blogspot.com

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...