Monday, November 29, 2010

Put Your Survival Skill to the Test - On Mars

How good are your survival skills?

One NASA engineer is suggesting one-way trips to Mars to find out.

One Way.

To Mars.
life_on_mars.jpg
ala The Western Frontier.

Now, I realize we probably wouldn't have tamed the wild west without some courageous pioneers going before everyone to set up shop, but seriously, they had a few things in their favor the Mars pioneers wouldn't.

Like - air.

I'll admit, I don't know a lot about Mars. The few tidbits I am aware of set up some serious challenges.

1. The water is frozen
2. Plant life is non-existent
3. No animals

Can you even start a fire on Mars? How would you make clothes?

Considering my survival skills are put to the test on a weekly basis, and I come up short - - and learn new things - - I'm not quite ready to put my name on the list.

Here's a link to the full story:
http://www.universetoday.com/13037/a-one-way-one-person-mission-to-mars/

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Mars? I won't be signing up...EVER! LOL!
    Very cute blog, found you from blog hop!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...