Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Grateful Bounty

My list of thankful things is pretty much endless...

I'm thankful for my little brother, who's growing up to be a man, without my permission. Because of his commitment to live in The Most Beautiful Snowy Town in the World, we won't get to be together today. Because he's responsible, and takes his job seriously, we won't get to be together today. Because I love him so much, I'm proud to call him my brother.

I'm thankful for my mom and dad, who drove a billion miles in a blizzard so my brother and his wife wouldn't be by themselves, miles from family today. They always put us first, and championed every hairbrained idea we came up with - even living in The Most Beautiful Snowy Town in the World.

I'm thankful for my beautiful babies, and the courageous man who talked me into having them. I love everything about them, from the tips of their perfect heads, to their little round toes. They bring a sparkly wonder into my life and I would be less of a person without them.

I'm thankful for my amazing husband. He is kind, and good, and gracious, and thankful, and respectful, and loving, and caring, and stunning, and has the biggest heart in the world, matched only by his big brain, filled with all the trivia you could imagine. He teaches our boys how to be curious about life, and genuinely interested in others. He's the best part of my world.

I'm thankful for my friends, there are no words to express the courage and blessings they breathe into my life every day.

I'm the luckiest girl on the planet, but luck has nothing to do with it. I'm blessed beyond measure.

Peace,

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts...you are amazing! And I am thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! I love seeing people give thanks and appreciating what is around them. I really enjoy your blog and happy to be following!

    I hope you can come visit me at http://loveiseverywhere.blogspot.com/ and sure to to link up so others can come visit you as well!

    Kate
    Peace and Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet :) God is truly so good!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...