Monday, November 8, 2010

Is a Lottery Win Required for Survival?

For the most part, it was a losing weekend:
University of Utah Utes: Fail
Miami Dolphins: Fail

But, there, in my Inbox, a glimmer of success:
I was chosen to participate in a review of the TEK∙S safety training course.
I won a copy of the P90X Workout.

Both got me thinking about the physical aspects of an emergency. I've been strategic and methodical about planning my food storage, water storage, and bug-out essentials. But what about my physical preparation? I'm in no shape to chop wood, haul water, and till acres of dirt for anything longer than a day.


I'm pretty excited about starting the P90X program, and I'm going to use it to kick off my new dedication to physical preparedness. I doubt I'll need to store any weights, there will be plenty to keep me in shape, but the mental toughness that comes with Yoga will be a valuable 'axe' in my 'tool box'.

As for the lottery, sometimes I worry I won't have the resources to buy everything I need before a disaster shows up. It sure would make life easier, for now, I guess I'll just keep preparing, one sale at a time.



Today's Monday Mingle:

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for following www.SheltonMade.blogspot.com!

    I'm returning the favor!

    Great blog =)

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - some of your posts have made me giggle. Love that you tell it like it is. New follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to follow you from a monday blog hop, but already follow you, so I am getting ur feed so I don't miss a thing!
    Come check out my blog when you get time.
    Katrina
    www.proverbs-31-wife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! I am a new follower from Follow Me Monday! I would love a follow back sometime. Thanks so much!

    http://couponsandfreebiesforyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower via Mingle Monday :)
    http://jensgiveaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you for visiting my blog at http://www.mommiesandebyond.com Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from the bloghop.
    I'm a new follower. Please follow back
    Tiffany
    http://tiffspixiedust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...