Monday, October 11, 2010

Sinus Pain is Not My Friend

Treating My Sinus Pain with Sustainable Remedies. Or Tylenol.

Winter kicks my butt. I don't have summer allergies, but Fall brings my Winter Allergies in full swing. Over the weekend, my allergies turned in to a full-blown Sinus Headache. I'm a major fan of Tylenol Sinus Congestion and Pain Severe, but wanted to try a few sustainable remedies.

It takes me a few days of misery for my lymph glands to get my attention. Gravity doesn't allow the lymph glands to drain, and they fill up with crap. (I'm sure there's a technical term). When I was sick with Little Monkey I was desperate to find a cure for my winter sickness and read a great article (somewhere) about Salamba Sarvangasana (ShoulderStand).


By giving the lymph glands an option to drain the goo, they're free to do their jobs again, and the body can flush the toxins. I wish I would remember to do this on the first day, because nothing else works as well.


(This also resulted in an emergency visit to Labor and Delivery - don't do this if you're preggo. Please.)

Check out Eternity Yoga for other yoga poses.
The Yoga Journal has some great stuff too.

After spending ten minutes upside down, I enjoyed a nice glass of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). Yes, really. To be fair, I like vinegar, so this wasn't a tough challenge for me, but I could see where it could be. The peeps over at Earth Clinic featured a great article about the benefits of ACV and its effect on (ew) mucus.

Feeling much, much better.
Good thing, since I'm T minus 2 hours for monkey arrival.

Do you have any other great recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower from FMBT. I hope you wil return the favor http://adventuresofthedomesticatedmama.blogspot.com/2010/10/tuesday-blog-hops_12.html

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...