Thursday, October 21, 2010

No Organics to MY Door!

CornImage via Wikipedia
I'm devastated.


My brother, the famous chef (If you're ever in Steamboat Springs, I'll hook you up with his info), turned me on to this fabulous service called, Door to Door Organics. Have you ever wanted organics, but the stuff at the grocery store is too expensive, looks like it's traveled way too far on a truck, or consists of a carrot and two heads of lettuce?


For $22 to $38, Door to Door Organics will deliver organics direct to your door. This week's Bitty Box ($22.66) contains these goodies:


Local Pie Pumpkin1
Roma Tomatoes 
Cucumber 
Romaine Lettuce 
Cauliflower 
Local Red Beets bunch 
Bosc Pears 
Fuji Apples 
Valencia Oranges 
Bananas2


Did you see the $22 part? For Organics? TO MY DOOR??!!


Yeah, that last part - enter devastation.


They won't deliver to MY door. *sob*  (that's crying, not "Why, you Son Of A B....)


AND for all of you near the Colorado/Kansas City/Chicago/Michigan areas you can even put it on a weekly/bi-weekly schedule so this divine goodness shows up at your door, while you're at work, every week.


I'm SO sad....


Maybe they'll come to Utah soon.


This week's Traveling Through Thursday hop:

Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. That is soo cool you can get organics right at your door. Sorry you aren't getting any this week. But what a neat thing!!



    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Thursday Hops- I'm a GFC follower
    www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain.They started something like that where I live, but they wouldn't deliver to my door either. Apparently we are too small of a town so if I want it I have to go pick it up at the designated drop-off center. Night as well go to the farmer's market.

    I am your new follower from Buzz.
    www.dailyorganizedchaos.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could make a little garden and network with other gardeners to divvy up the spoils amongst each other. So sometimes you are the deliverer of organics, and the rest of the time others in your circle deliver to you. Its a pretty raw idea, but sometimes when you are living far away from other folks, you have to make your own awaesome. I know easy for me to say, right? I'm in Portland where there are multiple -competing- organics delivery services...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you stopped by. I am following you back.
    Dont Forget to enter the
    Giveaway
    Tiffany @ Wyatt Family Farm

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here!

    -Carmen
    www.keepingupklapper.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, stopping by from the blog hops,I'm a new follower!
    Katrina
    www.proverbs-31-wife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm your newest follower!

    http://hearditfromthehills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...