Thursday, September 23, 2010

Surviving it Blind.

Thanks to the recent hubbabaloo, there was a teeny incident with my contacts. I *um* put them in the trailer when I thought we were evacuating so I would have them wherever we ended. What I didn't anticipate was not getting evacuated and Rockstar taking it to the trailer store the next morning to fix the awning we broke on The Camping Trip From Hell.

I'm not exactly blind, but my eyes are bad enough for it to be a remarkable inconvenience if I'm not wearing my contacts. Yes, I have glasses, but here's the 411 on those:

I have one pair from 1982, you know, that pair for dire emergencies, that isn't the right prescription, are gawd awful ugly, but I'm afraid to get rid of them. They're also in the trailer.

I broke down about 2 years ago and bought a really nice pair. Pretty green rectangle frames, correct prescription, actually corrects for my astigmatism. I even wore them out in public occasionally. Then my adorable 9 month old (Big Monkey) snapped one of the earpieces off. 

So I'm wearing those - with tape - in public.

I wear the Freshlook Colors (I was a vampire before they were cool) and tend to run all the way out before I order more - not the best survival prep. Somehow I'm down to ONE contact?? 

I have new contacts on order, but this is making me seriously consider Lasik. Something I've taken a stand against since the beginning. If they screw up your knee surgery, you limp a little. If they screw up your eye surgery??????

Several people have mentioned how much they love it, and I've never actually met anyone who hasn't. My only negative experience is a few 20 Minutes episodes. Tiger Woods had his done here somewhere. I'm going to do some research and see what I can find out. I think what I spend in contact solution every year would pay for the surgery. (seriously, it's $9 a bottle)

If you see me, in public, with my tape on my glasses...please don't laugh.

10 comments:

  1. thanks for following along from traveling through thursdays! I am following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m following from SUPER MEGA 6 IN 1 BLOG HOP!

    Please Follow Me Back Thanks!

    http://atozmedicalreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through Mingle Monday!! Hope you follow back as well :)

    Best,
    April

    www.marineparents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now following you from Mingle Monday. Hope you follow me back. http://theadviceofamadmother.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! ...following you from Monday Mingle! :-)

    Would ♥ to hear from you too! ^-^

    Chic & Sassy Homemaker http://chicsassymom.blogspot.com

    Best Regards,
    Des

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Randayle. I'm your newest follower from the Mingle Monday blog hop. love your blog and I advise you to stop running out of lenses, as you can see it's a major inconvenience. I can sympathise because I wear glasses to read, and without them no driving for moi.Wishing you a happy monday.

    I blog at http://pod313.com/

    you don't show a url registration so it shows up as my google account, even though that's not where I actually originated from. I'm actually coming from Pod313.com. that's where you can leave your follow back and or any comments.

    cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm your newest follower from Mingle Mondays.

    http://glamourgirlreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower from Mingle Mondays. Come visit me: www.frugalonthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am now following you thanks to Mingle Mondays, and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    Also don't forget, if you need any help increasing your blog's traffic or easy HTML tutorials, you know where to come!
    Today we have an amazing trick or treat giveaway, so make sure you don't miss it! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...