Monday, August 9, 2010

Surviving Yahoo.

I can't get my news from Yahoo.com anymore. Can. Not. Do. It.

I don't care about Lindsey Lohan's panties. I do not want to read about Kanye West's latest escapade. I want to learn. I want to be inspired.

A couple months ago I started checking out the news on the Christian Science Monitor. Informative, engaging, intelligent, panty free. I stumbled across a great article there today, about a family who is living "off the grid" and have managed to do it in style.

Survival, Mama-style is not about how to eat a twig. It's about being prepared and finding a way to survive with comfort and food and a first aid kit.

Mamas can make fires with sticks and flint, but we can also make a list.

Gasoline? Check.
Firewood? Check.
Bandaids? Check.
Clean Underwear? Check.
Food? Check.

Go, Mama, Go.

3 comments:

  1. Well lookie lookie what I have found! Pretty good little blog you have going here...with a cool giveaway to boot. I felt inspired, so I posted about you http://svoortmeyer.blogspot.com/2010/08/why-didnt-circus-managers-want-their.html
    maybe it will get the ball a rollin ( not that I am all that popular)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I sent you a comment earlier, guess it didn't make it. Anyhoo, nice litle blog you have here, you always make me laugh. I posted about your blog and give away on my site, and now I follow...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sara. Thanks for stopping by! Good Luck winning the tickets (You have a great chance at this point LOL) and thanks for the shout-out on your blog (shoot me a link if you get a chance)

    Keep Surviving!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

You might like these other posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...